Monday, April 2, 2012

DIY: Peep Pennant

With Easter this weekend, I'm a little behind on my decorating...what can I say, it's life! In my last post I showed you the bunny napkins, and also a preview of today's DIY, the felt peep's. If you don't want to have a pennant, you can make these and use them individually as chair sashes (I'll show you below).

Peep Pennant.
This is really easy to make, it just takes a little time! Materials you will need:
  • Felt
  • Thread (to match your felt)
  • Ribbon
  • Brown paint
  • Small paint brush or dowel rod 
  • Scissors
  • Pins
First, you will need to print the PEEP pattern, you can download it here. I got this pattern last year from http://www.danamadeit.com/. She had some really neat ideas and other free patterns and tutorials...you should definitely go check it out!

First, print your pattern.

After you cut out your pattern, cut your felt peep's - you will need 2 for each bunny.
For the felt, I bought the felt squares from Hobby Lobby, you can get them from your local craft store. If you want to use the same color for each Peep, you could even buy the felt by the yard. If you buy the 9"x12" squares, you will need two squares for each bunny (a front and back).

All the Peep's cut out.
Next you will take your brown paint and paint brush or dowel rod...even a pencil eraser. If you use a paint brush, you dip the wrong in into the paint and then make the eyes and nose of the Peep. It makes a nice even dot.

Make your eyes and noses.

Carefully pin your ribbon in place, between the two layers of felt, and sew around the bunny.
If you want to just make chair sashes, instead you will sew a ribbon loop on one ear and be finished.
Chair Sash - Simply tie your Peep Pennant to your chair with some tulle or other ribbon, through the loop you made on the ear.
When making the pennant, each bunny will be sewn to the next with the ribbon it shares.

Finished bunny for pennant.

Finished Peep Pennant.

Close up of one section.

See how easy that was? Hope this tutorial was helpful, and as always, if you have any questions, just ask! I'll be happy to help with whatever I can! Don't have time to make a pennant before Easter? Head over to my Etsy Shop and this one could be yours!


2 comments:

  1. These are cute Nik! I saw these on Pinterest the other day : )I like them in the multi-color better than the original yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just adorable!! I love them as a chair sash too.

    ReplyDelete