Thursday, May 24, 2012

A trip through Tennessee!

Ok, so from yesterday we had driven to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, Tennessee and stayed the night at another KOA. We woke up Tuesday morning, our anniversary (the best first 2 years of Happily Ever After), and headed down the road to the Pancake Pantry for breakfast. There were so many options, and it was yummy!

I had Swedish Pancakes and Matt had hash browns stacked with ham, onions, peppers and eggs, with a side of pancakes.
After breakfast, we walked down the streets of Gatlinburg and headed for Ober Gatlinburg, to ride the big sky car to the top of the mountain. To me this was a really fun thing, the views were amazing, and Mattie was a trooper! =)

Starting up the mountain.

You can see why they are called the "Smoky Mountains".

Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
Once we got to the top, we wanted to ride the slide down part of the mountain, so we got on a ski lift and went further up the mountain, in order to slide down.

We started here and went a little over half way up to get on the slide.
On a chair lift, you have to have a picture of your feet! =)

CHEESE!
Of course I had my camera out to take pictures as I raced down the slide, but I was told that wasn't allowed and had to put it away for my safety. Ha! Matt won the race, but he was a gentleman and slowed down to wait on me (I really think my cart was defective)! But it was fun!

Here is a picture of the slide we went down, the two white lanes on the right.

More of the slide.
After our slide, we rode back down the mountain on the sky car and loaded up and headed out of town. We were Nashville bound for an exciting night! We checked into the Country Inn & Suites that night (needed a break from the tent), showered and cleaned up and headed downtown for dinner at DeMo's Steak and Spaghetti. We enjoyed our steak and spaghetti (and yes, spaghetti was the main side dish, you could trade it for a potato, but only if you asked).

Our Yummy dinner!
From dinner we headed to the one and only: GRAND 'OLE OPRY!!!

Happy Anniversary!

I was so excited...I couldn't stop smiling!
That was an experience I think everyone who loves Country Music should do! It was an amazing line up also!

Chris Young

Jimmy Wayne

Little Big Town

Thompson Square

Alan Jackson
 I apologize for the picture quality...they definitely don't do it justice. I had a blasty blast...this was one of the highlights of the trip for me!

Once we left there, we went back to the hotel and crashed...sleeping in a bed was a nice little treat! =) Stay tuned for tomorrows post about "the King", I'll share with you our experience at Graceland and the rest of our trip, ending at Little Goofy's Fun Shack (a.k.a. Spencer's House) in Oklahoma City!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I hope you two enjoy many more adventures and anniversaries together.
    Love you <3

    ReplyDelete