Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Easy Enchiladas

As I shared the recipe for braided bread last week, I also stated we made enchiladas for Kristen and Hank. My mom always made these growing up and they were so good...and quick to make also! You can vary the amounts to make however many you like...this recipe made 18 enchiladas. (They also freeze well.)

Ingredients:
  • 3 - 25 oz. Hormel Chili (we prefer no beans)
  • Shredded Cheddar Cheese (32 oz.)
  • Flour Tortillas - 20 pack
  • Green Onions - about 4-6 (chopped)
Ingredients
 First, spray your pan with PAM. You can use (2) 9x13 pans for this. I used a 9x13 and two 8x8 disposable pans to give away (and not worry about returning dishes). Then lay a tortilla in the pan, fill it with cheese and a few onions, roll and repeat. The amounts on this are up to you...we like a lot of cheese! Make sure to leave the edges seams rolled ends facing down.

Fill, Roll, Repeat!
Once your pans are filled, simply open your chili and pour on top. Make sure to spoon the chili between the enchiladas and the ends. (Sometimes I add a little water to my chili to thin the consistency.) Once they are covered with chili, sprinkle it with cheese and onions!

Almost finished!
If you have a no onion preference (like my Sissy), simply forgo them. The top left pan is for her! =)
Place them in a 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and they are warm all the way through.

Yummy!
See, I told you these were easy...super quick too! Hope your family enjoys them as much as ours does!

No comments:

Post a Comment